What is Coenzyme Q10?
Coenzyme Q10 (ubiquinon) is a substance similar to a vitamin.
It is found in nearly every cell of the body and plays one of the key role in getting the energy from food. The cells use it to produce energy that the body needs for cell growth and maintenance = it´s instrumental in the generation of 95% of the human body´s cellular energy.
- It occurs in high amount in body organs like heart, kidney and liver. Our heart needs a lot of energy, it must work constantly, day and night. Therefore, coenzyme Q10 in the heart occurs in large amount.
- Production of Coenzyme Q10 in the body decreases with age.
- Low level of Coenzyme Q10 may also be caused by taking statins - drugs for lowering the level of cholesterol. The main purpose of taking statins is to lower cholesterol level to prevent heart disease.
In our products, we use all-trans-form CoQ10, that is:
Note: unlike trans CoQ10, the cis form (synthetic form) does not occur naturally in the body.
What is Carnitine?
- highly bioavailable
- identical to the CoQ10 produced naturally within the body
- made using yeast fermentation
L-carnitine is an amino acid (a building block for proteins) that is naturally produced in the body.
- Carnitine naturally occurs in the cells of human body – primarily in mitochondria and participates in the process of energy production. It transports long-chain fatty acids into the mitochondria so they can be oxidized ("burned") to produce energy.
- The largest quantity of carnitine in human body is in muscles